Town of Rangeley
Parks & Recreation Summer Program Schedule
All scheduled activities depend upon participation, facilities, instructor availability, and volunteer support. Without community support we cannot continue some of these great programs. For more information, call 864-5947 or the contact person listed.
DATES & CONTACT INFORMATION:
- Adult Tennis: Starts June?24th.?Contact before June 18th?for scheduling purposes.?Contact Carol at?864-3325?or Amy at 864-9989 at Oquossoc and private courts.
- Junior Tennis?Classes: Ages 18 & Under: Call for lessons/ instruction. Contact?Tom Byrd?at?864-5627?–?Rangeley court.
- Ladies Tennis?Classes: For lessons/ instruction, contact?Tom Byrd?at?864-5627?–?Rangeley court.
- Youth Golf Lessons:?All Class Levels.?Contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612.?For more information, visit?www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- Women’s Golf Classes: Every?Wednesday?at?4:30 PM?and private lessons?all summer. Contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612.?For?fees and?more information, visit?www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- Golf?League – 2 Person Teams:?League?Play starts?mid?June. For details contact George Buck at Evergreen Golf Club at 864-9055 or 864-3612.?For more information, visit?www.evergreengolfrangeley.net.
- ?T-Ball & Baseball Skills: Thursdays @ 5:30 PM starting June 20?@ Rangeley?Lakes Regional School.?$5.00 fee.?Contact?Bill Hayes?at?670-8312.
- British Soccer Camps: July?8?–?12?at Rangeley Lakes Regional School. Ages 4?–?18.?To register?go online to?www.challengersports.com.
- Youth?Olympic Style Archery Lessons:??August 6, 7 & 8.?For ages?10?or older?at the Rangeley Region Guide’s & Sportsmen’s Association.?This is free!?All equipment provided.?Reservations are required. Private archery lessons are available for a fee.?Contact Mac Dudley @ 864-5919.
- Mountain High Backcountry Adventures:?Guided hiking and back country camping experiences.?Contact Mac Dudley at 864-5919.
- Kayaking Skills Class:??Wednesday, July 17?from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM.?Need a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 6.?$45.00 Fee?–?reservations?are required. Contact Linda Dexter at?Ecopelagicon at?864-2771?for more information.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Class:?Wednesdays,?July 24 & August 7,?from 10:00 AM?–?1:00 PM.?Reservations are required. Contact Linda Dexter at Ecopelagicon at 864-2771 for fees and more information.
- Adult Basketball:?Sundays at 6:30 PM at the Rangeley Lakes Regional School. Contact Tony Clark at?670-5313.
PARKS & RECREATION COMMUNITY TRIPS
- Senior Trip.??Sunday?Brunch?& Travel,?Errol/ Lancaster, NH?–?July 28. Contract Rick at 864-5947 or Monica at 670-5773 for more information.
ADDITIONAL IN-TOWN PROGRAMS:
- Rangeley Junior Guides 2013:?Contact Stephanie Palmer at 864-5647?or by?email email@example.com.
- Ecoventure of Rangeley?2013:?Contact?Mark Robie?at?491-4436.
- Rangeley Public Library Summer Program:?Contact?Janet Wilson?at?864-5529.
- Wilhelm Reich Summer 2013?–?Natural Science program:?Starts July?7. Call?Ann Parrett at?864-3443?for more information.
- TRAC (Trails?Rangeley?Area?Coalition)?–?Maintain walking trails in Rangeley area, impromptu hikes?and paddling excursions. Contact?Victor Borko at 864-3951.
- Rangeley Lakes Region Historical Society:?Contact Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce for more information at 864-5571.
- Rangeley Lakes Logging Museum:?Open mid June.?Contact Ron Haines at 864-5551?or the Museum at 864-3939.
- Books, Line & Thinkers Summer?2013?Book Discussions:?June?27?–?Stoner by John Williams; July 25?–?Billy Watson’s Croker Sack by Franklin Burroughs; and August 19?–?The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes. All discussions?at 6:00 PM at Loon Lodge. Contact Wes Connally at 864-4355.
Don’t forget – Fireworks July 3rd!!!
The Rangeley Parks & Recreation Department is open to ideas and suggestions for new programs and trips. We will work to make your ideas a reality. Contact Rick Godaire, Parks & Recreation Director, at 864-5947.
PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
Summer horseshoes, basketball and tennis equipment is available at the Rangeley Lakes Chamber of Commerce for use in the Rangeley Town Park!